Thanks to the generosity of the Alvin Liben Fund, special donors, and many of our supporters, we are pleased to offer financial assistance for people who stutter who would like to attend our Annual Conference. Please read the notes below and follow them precisely to make the application process run as smoothly as possible.
At this time, our scholarship application process is not yet open for the 2018 conference. Check back soon for updated application.
What we need from you:
- Completed 2018 Scholarship Application form
- A short personal statement using our question prompts (see page 3)
- A scanned photo ID (state issued, student ID, passport, resident card, etc)
- Finalized first page of your most recent tax return (with sensitive ID info like SSN blacked out)
- Email completed paperwork to NSAscholarships@gmail.com
Notes of Interest
- The NSA does not provide 100% scholarships for anyone.
- Scholarships are applied directly towards airfare, hotel costs, or registration. No cash is awarded directly to the recipient.
- Scholarships are not applicable towards conference ‘extras’ (Banquet, tours, NSA store, auction, etc).
- Priority is given to citizens/permanent residents of the United States. International attendees are welcome to apply, but the NSA will not provide invitation letters/visa documentation.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
The National Stuttering Association’s Board of Directors and special donors are determined that no one be unable to attend our Annual Conferences due to financial difficulty. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Cancellations & Refunds
Should your circumstances change and you find yourself unable to attend, please contact us immediately. Cancellations received on/before May 31, 2018 will result in full refund minus a cancellation fee of $100.00 to cover our costs incurred related to your registration. Cancellations received on/after June 1, 2018 are ineligible for a refund of any amount.