Elementary School-Age Kids (NSAKids)
Just For Kids Who Stutter…
Sometimes being a kid who stutters can feel very lonely. The NSA is here to let you know you are not alone! There are approximately 3 million people who stutter living in the United States. Although you may not know very many people who stutter (maybe you’ve never met even one other person who stutters!), but they are out there; they have experienced many of the same feeling and challenges you are experiencing right now and they are ready to help!
Stories & Photos
Family Voices is a quarterly newsletter published by the NSA that is specifically for kids and teens who stutter, their parents, SLP’s and anyone else who loves and supports them. The articles are written by NSA members and staff who share their stories and experiences with the hope of helping and supporting others. Family Voices is available on-line, however if you wish to receive a hard copy please contact the national office at email@example.com.
- Lucille and the Ma-Ma-Magic Egg
by Larry Singer
- ‘Thank You’ via iPhone StoryKit
by NSA Fort Worth Family Chapter
Games & Activities
- Print off these activities and share* with your parents, siblings,and friends, or complete them with your speech-language pathologist!
- NSA Stuttering Crossword Puzzle (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah Onofri
- NSA Advertising Challenge (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah Onofri
- NSA Madlib! A New School (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah D’Agostino
- NSA Stuttering Wordsearch (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah Onofri
- NSA Stuttering Website Scavenger Hunt (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah Onofri
- Finish That Sentence! (open a pdf file of this document) Created by Sarah Onofri and Sarah D’Agostino
*For personal use only. Please contact us regarding distribution.
Learn About Stuttering
Being a kid who stutters can be challenging and difficult sometimes. Stuttering is one of those things that not many people understand. You can learn more about stuttering and help other people understand it better, too. Click on the links below to become a stuttering “expert”!
- What is stuttering?
- Famous people, kids, teens, and young adults who stutter
- Speech therapy for kids
- Things you can do about your stuttering
NSA Family Chapters
The NSA offers two types of youth support groups:
- NSAKids: groups for children from 7-12 years old, their parents and SLPs
- TWST (Teens Who STutter): groups for teenagers 13-19 years old
- Find a local Youth NSA support group near you
- NSA Family Radio – Virtual Chapter Meetings
- What can kids expect?
- NSA Annual Conference
- Family Fun Days
- Meet other kids who stutter!
Situations that Can Be Stressful
Be sure to check out all of our NSA FAMILY PROGRAMS!